This week Ashley Scott Meyers talks with filmmaker Philip Todd. He is the director and one of the writers of the movies Jessie and the Elf Boy (2022) and The Gaelic King (2017).
Philip Todd talks about how Jessie and the Elf Boy was inspired by a Scottish Myth and how that affected the writing.
In the closing, Ashley Scott Meyers talks about how using time tested myths and other primal influences for your story can create universal appeal.
You can also read a transcript of this episode.
Links mentioned in the show:
- Philip Todd on IMDb
- Philip Todd on Twitter
- Philip Todd website
- Jessie and the Elf Boy Trailer
- Jessie and the Elf Boy on IMDb
- Jessie and the Elf Boy on Twitter
- Jessie and the Elf Boy on Facebook
- SYS’s From Concept to Completion Screenwriting Course
- Our free guide, “How to Sell Your Screenplay in 5 Weeks!”