Entertainment Attorney Michael DeBlis talks about the ins-and-outs of various legal matters that screenwriters face. Topics covered include NDAs (should a screenwriter get a producer/agent to sign one?), Option agreements (what are they and what should they cover?) and Standard Release Agreements (what do these agreements do and what should and should not be in them?).
You can also read a transcript of this episode.
Links mentioned in the show:
- Michael DeBlis on Twitter
- Michael DeBlis website
- Article by Michael DeBlis: Let’s Make a Deal – Buying or Selling a Screenplay
- Article by Michael DeBlis: 10 Essential Things You Must Do to Get Your Movie or Script Produced… and Seen
- The Pinch – On Sale Now
- The Pinch (Official Trailer #2)
- SYS Select – Includes the SYS Select Screenplay Database, our monthly newsletter to producers, and paid screenwriting leads.
- Our free guide, “How to Sell Your Screenplay in 5 Weeks!”