This week Ashley Scott Meyers talks with Author and fellow Podcaster Pilar Alessandra.
Besides being the host of the On The Page Podcast, Pilar Alessandra served as a Script Reader for Amblin Entertainment, which is Steven Spielberg’s company and she was a Senior Story Analyst for Dreamworks. She has some tips for any writer looking to break in by being a script reader these days.
They talk about her book, The Coffee Break Screenwriter (now in second edition) and how with only 10 minutes in a day, you can focus on writing during that time and end up with a finished screenplay.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
The podcast is available in iTunes, YouTube, Stitcher (for Android users), the Windows Marketplace, and the Blackberry store or you can simply listen to it or watch it right from my blog.
You can also read a transcript of this episode.
Links mentioned in the show:
- Pilar Alessandra on IMDb
- Pilar Alessandra on Twitter
- Pilar Alessandra on Facebook
- Pilar Alessandra on Instagram
- Pilar Alessandra website
- Buy The Book: The Coffee Break Screenwriter
- Follow SYS on TikTok here.
- The SYS script analysis service
- Our free guide, “How to Sell Your Screenplay in 5 Weeks!”