In this month’s SYS online class, Jacob N. Stuart is going to be teaching the entire process of writing and producing a contained, limited location, feature screenplay.
Why is Jacob so passionate about contained, limited location and cast screenplays?
- I have found success in my own personal career
- Working for a screenwriting staffing agency… I know this is what production companies are seeking.
- It’s a fast and easy way to become an optioned or produced screenwriter.
What will be covered in this class?
- Understanding what “contained” means, and what producers DO NOT consider contained.
- How to take your big budget screenplay and turn it into a 1-3 location script.
- The power of “found footage” scripts – like ‘The Blair Witch Project’.
- How to keep suspense all the way to the climax!
- Ditching the standard query letter, and using a specifically tailored designed low-budget script pitch.
- Where to FIND low-budget screenplay requests, as well as learning where to market/post your scripts.
- Mastering dialogue in the “single location” script, without giving too much away.
- Learning the craft of producing your “low-budget” screenplay, everything from pre-production to distribution, to locking locations and finding actors… and much, much more!
- Breaking down screenplay budgets, how much a “low-budget” script sells for, and how much “these” companies are grossing from them.
- And SO MUCH more fun facts and tips!
Movies to watch in preparation for this class:
- Rear Window
- 12 Angry Men
- Breakfast Club
- Reservoir Dogs
- Paranormal Activity
- Phone Booth
Jacob N. Stuart is an award winning filmmaker with professional experience in both features and shorts. You can learn more about Jacob N. Stuart from his IMDb page which can be found here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3714544/
The original class took place in February, 2014. The class was recorded so you can take the class anytime by joining Selling Your Screenplay Select.