Endings are crucially important to leaving a good and lasting impression on the people who read your screenplay. If your screenplay has a killer ending, people will finish reading on a high note and feel like your screenplay is well written. A great ending can even hide parts of your screenplay that aren’t quite working as well as they should be. But if your third act is flat, the reader will finish reading your screenplay on a low note and be left with the impression that the entire script didn’t work, even if it’s just your third act. Don’t let your ending fall flat!
In the tenth Selling Your Screenplay Online Class I am going to teach writers how to successfully write a killer third act.
In this class I will be examining the third acts of many very successful movies including The Graduate, Rocky, Pulp Fiction, Momento, Plant of the Apes, Shawshank Redemption, Seven, The Sixth Sense, Citizen Kane, The Usual Suspects and many other great screenplays.
In the tenth SYS online class you will learn…
- You will learn the fundamentals of what a great third act needs to be great.
- You will learn how to properly structure your third act (yes, third acts have a structure all their own!).
- You will learn how to choose projects that have a lot of killer third act potential.
- You will learn the tricks that I use to make sure my third act delivers.
- You will learn why some third acts work so well by examining a few successful screenplays with outstanding third acts.
You should take this class if…
- You should take this class if you’ve written a screenplay but the third act needs work.
- You should take this class if you want to improve the third act of your screenplay.
- You should take this class if you want to have a better understanding of how third acts work and why some third acts are so awesome.
- You should take this class if you want to continue your screenwriting education and become a better screenwriter.
The class took place on Saturday August 23rd at 10am PST. The class was recorded so you can take the class anytime by joining Selling Your Screenplay Select.