This week Ashley Scott Meyers talks with writer Richard Pierce. This is a returning guest, SYS 378 was his prior interview.
He talks about the art of writing and pitching a made for TV Movie for networks like Lifetime. Richard Pierce talks about the writing and development process for Do You Trust Your Boyfriend (AKA Killer Profile – 2021). His writing credits also include Student Seduction (2022).
Topics also include how writing a made for TV movie (MOW or Movie Of the Week) is structured very differently than other screenplays.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
The podcast is available in iTunes, YouTube, Stitcher (for Android users), the Windows Marketplace, and the Blackberry store or you can simply listen to it or watch it right from my blog.
You can also read a transcript of this episode.
Links mentioned in the show:
- Richard Pierce on IMDb
- Richard Pierce on Twitter
- Do You Trust Your Boyfriend Trailer
- Do You Trust Your Boyfriend on IMDb
- Listen to SYS 378 with Richard Pierce here.
- SYS Select – Includes the SYS Select Screenplay Database, our monthly newsletter to producers, and paid screenwriting leads.
- Our free guide, “How to Sell Your Screenplay in 5 Weeks!”