This week Ashley Scott Meyers talks with writer Richard Pierce. This is a returning guest, SYS 378 was his prior interview.
He talks about the art of writing and pitching a made for TV Movie for networks like Lifetime. Richard Pierce talks about the writing and development process for Do You Trust Your Boyfriend (AKA Killer Profile – 2021). His writing credits also include Student Seduction (2022).
Topics also include how writing a made for TV movie (MOW or Movie Of the Week) is structured very differently than other screenplays.
You can also read a transcript of this episode.
Links mentioned in the show:
- Richard Pierce on IMDb
- Richard Pierce on Twitter
- Do You Trust Your Boyfriend Trailer
- Do You Trust Your Boyfriend on IMDb
- Listen to SYS 378 with Richard Pierce here.
- SYS Select – Includes the SYS Select Screenplay Database, our monthly newsletter to producers, and paid screenwriting leads.
- Our free guide, “How to Sell Your Screenplay in 5 Weeks!”