This week Ashley Scott Meyers talks with returning guest Mark Stolaroff and Adam Mervis.
They talk about how they let nothing stop them from making their contained Drama The Last Days Of Capitalism (2020) in a Las Vegas suite with 40K and only 10 days. This should be an inspiring case study for filmmakers as it shows how you can make a movie with limited resources.
Adam Mervis is the Writer/Director of The Last Days Of Capitalism and also wrote 21 Bridges (2019) starring Chadwick Boseman, J.K. Simmons, Sienna Miller and Taylor Kitsch.
Mark Stolaroff is the producer of many movies including DriverX (2017) and has worked on Christopher Nolan’s first movie Following (1998). He is also the founder of the No Budget Film School website.
You can also read a transcript of this episode.
Links mentioned in the show:
- Mark Stolaroff on IMDb
- Mark Stolaroff on Twitter
- Mark Stolaroff on Facebook
- Mark Stolaroff website
- Adam Mervis on IMDb
- Adam Mervis on Instagram
- The Last Days Of Capitalism Trailer
- The Last Days Of Capitalism on IMDb
- The Last Days Of Capitalism on Instagram
- SYS 256 with Mark Stolaroff
- The SYS script analysis service
- Our free guide, “How to Sell Your Screenplay in 5 Weeks!”